On the 25th September last year, we joined the World Health Organization and many other organisations to celebrate the first World Lung Day around the world. Lung Disease was the last major chronic disease without a World Day.
This year on the 25th September we want to expand this celebration and use it to rally advocacy for respiratory health and air quality globally.
We ask you all to please sign The Charter for Lung Health and show your commitment to better lung health around the world.
- Use the World Lung Day press release
- Use and share our World Lung Day factsheet
- Help spread the word with these World Lung Day social media messages
- Download the World Lung Day logo
- Save and use these World Lung Day images (click on the image and save for full size):
World Lung Day Events/Activities
If you need help planning your World Lung Day event, take a look at the Healthy Lungs for Life Toolkit, which is an excellent event planning resource.
Events and Activities Planned by Supporters
- In support of World Lung Day 2018, Respirology is offering free access during September 2018 to a range of articles, view them here
- The International Multidisciplinary Programme to Address Lung Health and TB in Africa (IMPALA) will be supporting World Lung Day this year by erecting some giant inflatable lungs outside the Liverpool Life Sciences Accelerator building
- AMMA - centre for lung health and sleep disorders is planning an awareness campaign on cough etiquette to school children on World Lung Day
- Philippine College of Chest Physicians (PCCP) is conducting an advocacy campaign for the whole month of August (Philippines’ National Lung Month). Activities include patient education activities, tri media and social media campaigns, tree planting activity, and a Lung Health Fair with Zumba activity
- INSPIRE is planning an event to underscore the importance of lung health, concentrating on outdoor and indoor air pollution, harms of smoking, tuberculosis, asthma and COPD. They have invited 60 reporters to their press conference
World Lung Day Supporters
FIRS would like to thank all organisations who have pledged to support World Lung Day 2018. Take a look at our 2018 supporters here.
About the Forum of International Respiratory Societies (FIRS)
The Forum of International Respiratory Societies (FIRS) is an organisation comprised of the world's leading international respiratory societies working together to improve lung health globally: American College of Chest Physicians (CHEST), American Thoracic Society (ATS), Asian Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR), Asociación Latino Americana De Tórax (ALAT), European Respiratory Society (ERS), International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases (The Union), Pan African Thoracic Society (PATS), Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA), and the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD).
The goal of FIRS is to unify and enhance efforts to improve lung health through the combined work of its more than 70,000 members globally.